This challenge is one I have been thinking about for awhile, and the reason I am telling you this is because I want you to take this journey with me.
Spiritual and emotional growth with the Lord comes from a very important source; daily reading His word and growing in His loving commands.
We all have busy schedules, and we all seem to have a million things to do, but I know that if you decide today to make this a priority, you will. Whatever you choose in your mind to put at the top of the list that day will get done, that’s just how we work. Whatever we hold to be important, interesting, or desirable is what we decide to do.
So I’m asking you to take a journey with me through God’s word. It’s a big commitment, but I have complete faith that you can do it. And who knows, some of you might already be doing this!
Here’s the breakdown:
* Read 30 min to 1 hour ever day (it can be broken up into 10 min sections or whatever is easiest for you)
* Reading includes 10 chapters per day
* Get through the entire Bible in 250 days
The reason that I was drawn to this plan in particular is because every day you are reading different parts of God’s Word. You start out reading Romans, Acts, Psalms, Proverbs, Genesis, and even Isaiah. Your knowledge and depth in the Lord’s word will grow infinitely in this way, and I can’t wait to see what God has in store for you if you take this challenge with me.
So how do you sign up?
There are a couple ways (or maybe more that I don’t know about) that you can start this plan.
- Download the Youversion App, and under “reading plans” you’ll find “Prof Horner’s Bible Reading Plan”. Set it up to start on the day you want, and as you go along, you can check off each chapter you read!
- Download or find the “John MacArthur” reading plan that will also take you through 10 chapters per day
All of you that are reading my posts continue to inspire me every day, and I want to take this challenge with you because I know you will keep me accountable to read even when it’s hard to find the time.
If you want to do this with me, leave a comment below and I will be sure to pray for you on this journey and keep posting on updates of particular passages and verses that can inspire us all.
Do you have a reading plan you are already on? Share it with us, we are here to support and love you the whole way!
By: Erika Pizzo